Future-Worm! is an American comic science fiction animated television series created by Ryan Quincy, who previously created IFC's Out There, for Disney XD. The show features the adventures of Danny and Future-Worm, who time travel by using a lunch box-shaped time machine.
After a series of shorts, the full show premiered on August 1, 2016.
The show follows Danny Douglas, a 12-year-old boy who, after inventing a time machine lunch box, sends it back in time. However, it was knocked out into the future as future scientists discover it. Because of its small size, the scientists use a worm and transform it into Future-Worm, a worm with a Photo Receptor Visor, Titanium Reinforced Abs and a Bullet-Proof Beard. He travels back to Danny's timeline as the boy meets the worm, and agrees to befriend him. Danny's life eventually changes forever as he has the coolest adventures, head into the past, present and future, meet new recruits, and seek the help of their friend Bug.
- Danny Douglas (voiced by Andy Milonakis) - A boy who invents the Time Machine Lunch Box. He joins Future-Worm on many adventures.
- Future-Worm (voiced by James Adomian) - A futuristic worm (nicknamed Fyootch) who has a photo receptor visor, titanium reinforced abs, and a bullet-proof beard. Future-Worm is Danny's best friend, and the worm helps out on Danny's quests.
- Bug (voiced by Jessica DiCicco) - A purple-haired girl with wings.
- Doug Douglas (voiced by Ryan Quincy) - Danny's father.
- Megan Douglas (voiced by Melanie Lynskey) - Danny's mother.
- Robo-Carp (voiced by Ryan Quincy) - A fish-shaped robot who every time Danny uses him, he only explodes, making him useless.
- Steak Starbolt (voiced by Jonathan Frakes) - The star of his own show who is also Danny's favorite hero.
- Narrator (voiced by Corey Burton) - The unseen narrator who narrates the show and even names the different devices that Danny and Future-Worm use.
- Future Danny (voiced by Paul Williams) - Danny's older future self.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson (voiced by himself) - The guy who knows everything about science, who is also telepathic.
- Gloopies - Spineless alien creatures who loathes Captain Cakerz. Their weakness is the crunch of the cereal.
- Anchovy Monster - A monstrous anchovy who seeks revenge on Future-Worm, who betrayed it due to the fact that he dislikes anchovies.
The characters first appeared in Disney XD's 2015 lineup. A series of shorts premiered later that same year.
Disney originally greenlighted the show to premiere somewhere in the fall of 2015, but Pickle and Peanut places its debut following its official premiere on September 2, 2015, pushing Future-Worm! to premiere on August 1, 2016.
- Episodes are usually 22 minutes long: the first segment is eleven minutes long, the second segment runs three minutes, and the third runs seven minutes.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found